Get to Know the Newest Everyday Oil: Melaleuca Alternifolia
As the newest addition to the Everyday Oils™ essential oil collection, expectations are high for Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia). Because only the most useful and popular products make their way into Everyday Oils, we know that our members are going to love the way this oil fits in with classics likeLavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Thieves®, and PanAway®!
Commonly known as tea tree oil, Melaleuca oil has long been valued for its cosmetic benefits, especially for its natural skin-cleansing benefits. Melaleuca’s intrinsic properties cleanse away dirt, toxins, and dead skin, giving you healthy-looking and feeling skin.
Qualities like these have led Young Living to include Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oil in formulations such as Purification® blend, our Animal Scents™ products, and inMelaleuca-Geranium Moisturizing Soap.
Looking for ways to use Melaleuca Alternifolia? Here are some suggestions:
- Use a cotton swab to apply Melaleuca Alternifolia directly to the face.
- Add a drop to your shampoo to support a healthy-feeling scalp.
- If you forget to transfer your laundry to the dryer in a timely manner, run another washing cycle with a few drops of Melaleuca Alternifolia added to the water.
- Add a drop of Melaleuca Alternifolia to soften the skin around a splinter before removing it.
- Freshen and deodorize your rugs. Combine a few drops each of Melaleuca Alternifolia and Lavender with ¼ cup baking soda. Leave mixture overnight to let the oils absorb into the baking soda, and then sprinkle over rug and vacuum immediately. (As a bonus, your vacuum will smell fresher, too!)
- Diffuse Melaleuca Alternifolia to purify the air in your home or workspace.